The Classroom Pulpit: how the religion of humanism undermined a generationSeptember 2, 2020
High Octane Faith in an El Alamein MomentNovember 11, 2020
The Lord is on the move!
During this difficult season of challenges, unknowns, and an alarming encroachment on personal liberty, the Lord has been answering specific prayers about seeing His kingdom come to our community. A “God awareness” is coming upon people and the church is penetrating strongholds! Here are just some of the highlights to which we’ve been eyewitness, starting with Pentecost Sunday onward:
worship in the park each Sunday
- Several young people were delivered out of witchcraft, drug addiction, and despair and baptized in the Susquehanna River during a public time of praise and testimony, while bystanders and kayakers inadvertently heard their stories of the Lord’s mighty hand
- Three local churches came together to package, pray, and then hand out the Jesus film to 2,600 homes in our community
- The Lord used a good friend and prayer partner to mobilize eleven local pastors to come and pray with him last week, during which time He poured out a spirit of intercession targeting Kentucky and California specifically
- Worship leaders from our church and others were granted favor with the borough to lead worship every Sunday night in August and September at the community park. This in turn opened many doors to talk with curious passersby, one of whom had recently lost a close friend to drug overdose (we then helped him with a memorial service, thus ensuring many others were able to be ministered to in love with the gospel message)
praying at the Capitol
- The mayor and police chief in our town ministered and were ministered to at various nights of these community gatherings, which was an enormous blessing!
- About a dozen of our children, aged elementary to middle school, were baptized in a nearby creek, each one giving his or her reason for taking this step and asserting faith in Jesus Christ
- The Planned Parenthood at which we vigil outside with other faithful believers just cut back the number of days of the week for which it is open for abortions; to date we’ve seen four babies born this year from mothers who chose to walk away after seeing the support and hearing the prayers of the vigilers — all of them sweet baby girls, for which the volunteers met ever financial need and threw showers
- On September 27, a group of us joined multitudes of other believers from all over the nation in Washington, D.C. to pray with Franklin Graham at the Lincoln Memorial (where our Vice President led us in intercession) and over various points from Potomac Park to the Capitol. It was surreal to be praying and worshiping with an estimated 100, 000 other believers in abandon on the National Mall; it felt significant that Rabbi Jonathan Cahn blew the trumpet at precisely the same time that we (later) discovered President Trump was announcing Spirit-filled Amy Comey Barrett as his Supreme Court nominee
There are so many other wondrous things that the Lord has done in this heavy season of the enemy’s full-court press, I could go on and on about His faithfulness. As one of our newly baptized young men summed it up, after the Holy Spirit gave him a word of knowledge for a total stranger, “Isn’t our Lord beautiful?”
sign near the PP clinic